Performance data & other issues

Carroll, Jim P [OTH] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Sep 9 18:29:40 CEST 2003

Good question.  From an empirical sense, I would agree with you.

I don't know what to tell you.  Possibly having the service checks
each updating the host status could mean a bunch of busy work, both
from the perspective of coding as well as extra I/O.  Imagine if you
will a host with 30 service checks.  For each service check, not
only would it update the service status, but it would update the
host status as well, not just once, but for every service check.
Now imagine multiplying that by N hosts.

This is pure speculation on my part.  I don't really know for sure
one way or the other why it was designed one way over the other.

jc