Little proposal

Stefano Coletta creator at mindcreations.com
Tue Sep 9 16:21:56 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

I've realized a simple patch that has made my life with Nagios easier
when trying to locate a host in the statusmap.
The attached screenshots will make clear what I've done:

shot1 : The red circle shows the new command (Host information page)
shot2:  After clicking the icon you'll be forwarded on the statusmap
using "Depth Layers" method.
shot3: Another point (Status Overview for example) from where you can
use this function.

This feature has been implemented by using the same code present in the
Network Outages CGI...
I thought it was good to have it for every host and not only for outages.

This patch is more useful when you have many hosts (currently 600).
I've read that on v2.0 there is a search function to locate hosts but I
think this is different.
Here we have many people using Nagios in the same environment and thus
locating a host in a network is an important task: it must be easy and fast.

I'll wait for comments before posting the patch to make it better than
now reflecting the majority needs and not only my owns.

Bye all

--
Stefano Coletta
http://www.mindcreations.com