check_mailq with postfix?

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Mon Sep 8 04:12:36 CEST 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Achim Altmann wrote:

> hello,
>
> check_mailq with postfix dosn't work
>
> i have patch the libexec/check_mailq from the latest nagios-versions-plugins
> with check_mailq.diff
>
> the output is
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 529.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 561.
> 2 out of 3 hunks FAILED
>
> and if i include that plugin
> then comes this message
>
> syntax error at /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq line 180, near "elsif"
> Execution of /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq aborted due to compilation
> errors
>
> any idea?
>
> Thnak\'s a lot
> reagards
> Achim

which latest version (release? CVS?)

Also we tend not to release patches between releases - so the origin of
check_mailq.diff is not immediately understood.

lastly - check_mailq (and most perl plugins) make use of utils.pm and
initialize system specific stuff during the configure and make cycle,
including which MTA and mailq command to use.

If you could try a full release package and let us know if postfix is
still causing problems...

--
-sg