Weird DNS error reported from check_dns

Patrick McShane pem at icdc.com
Sat Sep 6 21:25:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

We occasionally see the error below in our nagios event log reported from a
DNS check of one of our Sun Solaris machines.   Any way to fix this?  A new
version and bind and bind utils maybe?

[09-06-2003 14:36:23] SERVICE ALERT: ns6;DNS;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;DNS CRITICAL -
'/usr/bin/nslookup -sil' output parsing exited with no address

Thanks,
Pat