advanced event handlers

newsletters newsletters at atcomputerconsulting.com
Fri Sep 5 19:52:23 CEST 2003

I am interested in doing some low level trouble resolution with event
handlers.

More specifically, today my cable modem crapped out and it needed to be
power cycled.  So I am interested in using nagios pings to figure out
where the problem is and start rebooting things.  I can easily reboot the
firewall as it's running linux.  But the cable modem is going to be
tougher.  I don't think there is a way I can remote to it and power cycle.
 So.......

Using something like X10 to bouce an outlet.  We have APC master switches
here at work and I have just started thinking about writing some php code
to bounce a switch if I need, but does anybody know how this might be
accomplished on the cheap???

Thanks!
Andy