Nagios 2.0 servicegroups

Dietmar Ruzicka e9627019 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 4 13:03:44 CEST 2003

Hi,

I checked the Source it seems to necessary to define the servicegroup like
this: (members		HOST,SERVICE)

define servicegroup{
        servicegroup_name       SGPING
        alias                   sgping
        members                 nagios,PING
}

define host{
        use                     linux-host
        host_name               nagios
        alias                   Networkmanagement Server
        address                 127.0.0.1
}

define service{
        use                             network-service
        host_name                       .*
        service_description             PING
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

Regards

Dietmar

from xodtemplate.c
/* add all members to servicegroup */
for(host_name=strtok(this_servicegroup->members,",");host_name!=NULL;host_name=strtok(NULL,",")){
                strip(host_name);
                svc_description=strtok(NULL,",");
                if(svc_description==NULL){
                        return ERROR;
                        }
                strip(svc_description);

new_servicegroupmember=add_service_to_servicegroup(new_servicegroup,host_name,svc_description);
                if(new_servicegroupmember==NULL){
                        return ERROR;
                        }
                }