help

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Thu Oct 30 16:33:53 CET 2003

Well, let's start with the basics since we don't have them. Is this a
new installation of nagios or are you just new to using it? If it's a
new installation of nagios, unless you specifically ran ./configure with
the --with-default-objects option then you're using the wrong command
format since nagios actually defaults to the template-based object
definitions (see
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/configobject.html) which is much
more flexible.

Second, what is the exact error that's being reported? With the
exception of Microsoft products, the actual error message is often
central to determining what the problem is with any program.

Third, what versions of nagios and plugins are you using and how were
they installed (tar.gz, rpm, deb or other method)? What operating system
is it running under and is there anything that you would consider
'special' about your installation? What configure options were used when
building the program (if you know).

Lastly, please provide the host definition and service definition for at
least one host that uses the check_nt_disk command below.

--
Marc

"checkcommands.cfg"