distributed monitoring setup - ocsp_command not being executed

jason jchambers at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 29 00:17:42 CET 2003

      Hey all,
          I am trying to setup distributed monitoring and I am running into
wall.
      After following the steps describing setting up the distributed
server,
      I don't see the ocsp_command getting executed. I can execute the
      submit_check_result script manually.

      Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
      TIA,
      Jason.
      (details below)

      $ ../bin/nagios -v
      Nagios 1.0
      Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
      Last Modified: 11-24-2002
      License: GPL

      Nagios Process Information:

      Program Start Time: 2003-10-28T15:47:18
      Total Running Time: 0d 0h 0m 4s
      Last External Command Check: N/A
      Last Log File Rotation: N/A
      Nagios PID 12135
      Notifications Enabled?   NO
      Service Checks Being Executed?   YES
      Passive Service Checks Being Accepted?   YES
      Event Handlers Enabled? Yes
      Obsessing Over Services? Yes
      Flap Detection Enabled? No
      Performance Data Being Processed? No

commands.cfg:
define command{
        command_name    submit_check_result
        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/submit_check_result
$HOSTNAME$ '$SERVICEDESC$' $SERVICESTATE$ '$OUTPUT$'
}

$ pwd
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins

-rwxr-xr-x    1 nagios   nagios        981 Oct 27 12:53 submit_check_result

nagios.cfg:
log_file=/var/log/nagios/nagios.log
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hosts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/services.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/commands.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/contacts.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/timeperiods.cfg
cfg_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/servicedependencies.cfg
resource_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/resource.cfg
status_file=/var/log/nagios/status.log
nagios_user=nagios
nagios_group=nagios
check_external_commands=1
command_check_interval=-1
command_file=/var/log/nagios/nagios.cmd
comment_file=/var/log/nagios/comment.log
downtime_file=/var/log/nagios/downtime.log
lock_file=/var/log/nagios/nagios.pid
temp_file=/var/log/nagios/nagios.tmp
log_rotation_method=d
log_archive_path=/var/log/nagios/archives
use_syslog=0
log_notifications=1
log_service_retries=1
log_host_retries=1
log_event_handlers=1
log_initial_states=0
log_external_commands=1
log_passive_service_checks=1
inter_check_delay_method=s
service_interleave_factor=s
max_concurrent_checks=0
service_reaper_frequency=5
sleep_time=1
service_check_timeout=60
host_check_timeout=30
event_handler_timeout=30
notification_timeout=30
ocsp_timeout=5
perfdata_timeout=5
retain_state_information=1
state_retention_file=/usr/local/nagios/status.sav
retention_update_interval=60
use_retained_program_state=0
interval_length=60
use_agressive_host_checking=0