Submitting nagios commands e.g downtime from remote systems.

Garrett, Matt M SITI-ITDIEEE matt.garrett at shell.com
Tue Oct 28 15:49:38 CET 2003

Folks

I would like to be able to run a script on a remote host , that can submit downtime on the nagios server.

e.g scripts would work out what host it is been run on and then submit 24hrs downtime

While I have such a script that works very nicely on the nagios server.
not sure how to do this from a client.

I have thought that nsca might be able to be modified to do this as it all ready writes to the nagios cmd file
Which is basically what the downtime script does.

Does any body have any suggestions , or idea's

Thanks

Matt

Matthew Garrett
Unix System Support
Seafield House, North Anderson Drive, Aberdeen AB15 6GZ, United Kingdom