tcp response time graph

Fredrik Wänglund fredrik.wanglund at datavis.se
Fri Oct 24 16:28:27 CEST 2003

Heres a new plugin for Apan that uses check_tcp

How to use it to check port 80 and 22 on a host:

- Replace the existing apan.sh with this one (make a backup first..)
- Save tcp.sh in apans plugs-directory
- Define a service in Nagios:

    define service {
    host_name                      bandit
    service_description            TCP
    check_command                  apan!tcp!1!2
    }

- Add the service to apan.cfg:
bandit;TCP;/usr/local/nagios/rrd/bandit_tcp.rrd;80|22;port-80:LINE2
port-22:LINE2;TCP responce-time;seconds

- Create the rrd:
rrdtool create bandit_tcp.rrd -s 60 DS:port-80:GAUGE:900:0:U
DS:port-22:GAUGE:900:0:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:50400 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:43800

- Define extinfo in Nagios:
    define serviceextinfo{
    host_name               bandit
    service_description     TCP
    notes_url            /nagios/cgi-bin/apan.cgi?host=bandit&service=TCP
    icon_image              graph.png
    icon_image_alt          View graphs
    }

DONE!