Nagmin Config Problem

Tory Skyers tskyers at foxroach.com
Fri Oct 24 17:20:03 CEST 2003

When I define an extended info config file in nagios.cfg I get this error
message:

Executing /etc/init.d/nagios restart

Running configuration check...
Nagios 1.1
Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)
Last Modified: 06-02-2003
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Invalid object definition type 'serviceextinfo' in file
'/etc/nagios/ServiceExtInfo.cfg' on line 3.

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation on the main and host config files, as well as
the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

failed - aborting restart.

I checked the cgi.cfg file and the syntax is just about the same in that
file to define the extended info object.

Thank you!

Tory Skyers

Network Administrator

Prudential Fox & Roach