"Could not locate a running Nagios process!"

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Fri Oct 24 20:34:45 CEST 2003

I am sure this is a RTFM problem, but I couldn't find it in the docs.
If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

And I did search the archives... or tried to, with no hits.

I am running Nagios (newest version, downloaded yesterday) and have it
up and running.

I have the plugins, also newest version, and they are working correctly.

I am getting updated status on all of the hosts I configured, I have
services set up, and I have created hostgroups for my hosts.  I set all
contacts, and I have Nagios starting correctly, except...

When I go to the web interface, I cannot execute commands, and the
Process Info page has the error message, "Could not locate a running
Nagios process!".  However, the process is located in the box, and has
the correct PID and running time.

Thanks,
David