Service times out

Jeffrey Cady jrcady at pingtone.com
Tue Oct 21 18:55:03 CEST 2003

I have this configuration:

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use

        host_name                       br1-dca
        service_description             INTAlarmBR1-dca
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  router-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ifstatus!community
        }

I am able to get good results from the command line, but I get this error:

ERROR: No snmp response from 63.121.107.1 (alarm timeout)

I am also monitoring other things like CPU on this same device so my
community is right.  I am monitoring another router with this exact same
syntax and that one works.  What could be the issue

What could be the problem.

Thanks

Jeff