Host check question

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sat Oct 18 06:05:59 CEST 2003

Hi all,
In the nagios manual it says the following:

"check_command: .....  If you leave this argument blank, the host will not be
checked - Nagios will always assume the host is up. This is useful if you are
monitoring printers or other devices that are frequently turned off. The maximum
amount of time that the notification command can run is controlled by the
host_check_timeout option."

What I am wondering is how does one leave this blank?? If I do not specify any
args to check_command or if I specify a check_command arg of "" I get errors
during the preflight check. If I do not specify the check_command at all the
host is still checked and nagios reports the host as down.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong here??

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl at rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123 at rogueind.com