SMS Paging with Nagios and GNokii

Andrew Rooke rookea at qdi.com.au
Fri Oct 17 07:04:30 CEST 2003

Peoples,
	I've been using Nagios for quiet some time now and I unfortunately only have the system emailing me when a problem occurs. I am hoping to setup paging for issues that occur after hours using GNokii. Unfortunately my attempts at getting this working have fallen flat on there face, even though I can using gnokii --sendsms blah blah blah and send and sms successfully from console I am still hitting problems when sending from within Nagios.

My Current Config for sending SMS messages is -

# 'notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Service: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTNAME$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\nDate: $DATETIME$" | /usr/local/bin/gnokii --sendsms ########### -C0 2>/dev/null
        }

# 'host-notify-by-sms' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-sms
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Host '$HOSTALIAS$' is $HOSTSTATE$\nInfo: $OUTPUT$\nTime: $DATETIME$" | /usr/local/bin/gnokii --sendsms ########### -C0 2>/dev/null
        }

        service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms,notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-sms,host-notify-by-email

I defiantly can send sms's as the existing user, however I cant through Nagios. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew Rooke