monitor w/o agent

Kin-Ho Kwan kkwan at hxti.com
Fri Oct 17 06:06:41 CEST 2003

I have the same situation and how I do is to write my
own checking program at the computer that I want to monitor.

Then I generate a public/private key pair at nagios server and move the
public key
to the computer that I want to monitor. This will let you login to the
remote system
without using a password.

Finally, I run ssh nagios at host.com -c "my_own_checking_program" on nagios
server and it should return the status of the computer that I am monitoring.

--
Kin-Ho Kwan
Software Engineer