Problem with Passive Check

Thornton Prime thornton at yoyoweb.com
Fri Oct 17 03:21:33 CEST 2003

I am having an unusual problem with some of my passive checks.

Basically about half of the time Nagios appears to get an OK from some
phantom check. Viewing the status on the web, I'll half the time see
"SERVICE OK - 20" and half the time see "(no output)". When my real
passive check does fail, the service flaps between the failure (with
"SERVICE - CRITICAL - 25") and ok (with "(no output)".)

I have passive_checks_enabled = 1, active_checks_enabled = 0 and have
check_freshness = 0. I have verified in the status logs that nothing
else is feeding service updates.

It appears as if somehow it is still running my check (which is set to
""), and the check is returning OK.

What am I missing?

thornton