Redundancy...bad?

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Fri Oct 17 00:58:22 CEST 2003

What if, instead of "clustering" the recommended way as described in the
docs utilizing passive checks aimed at a central server and such, I
simply set up two Nagios servers fully using a common MySQL backend?

I have this set up now, and they both seem okay.
I figure, MySQL can handle it no sweat. Sure, sometimes they'll check
the same thing, but for the most part they're going to be on dissimilar
schedules and simply reference each others' results from the DB (further
dissuading them from duplicate work).

Am I missing some reason this would be a Bad Thing?

Thanks for any input.