No perf-definition for service.

Tom Welsh twelsh at square-box.com
Wed Oct 15 17:34:39 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I've just installed apan for the first time and I keep getting the above
error.

As far as I can see I have configured it correctly. I get the following
output in /tmp/apan.debug

#Output from apan.debug
Wed Oct 15 16:23:30 BST 2003 Args: check_local_disk nagios-server / Free
Space 1066231410 /dev/hda3
Wed Oct 15 16:23:30 BST 2003 Args: check_local_disk nagios-server /boot
Free Space 1066231410 /dev/hda1
Could not insert '' , '' into
Could not insert '' , '' into
Below are my configuration commands I used.

1. #apan.def
# Path to rrdtool
RRDTOOL=/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool

2. #checkcommnd.cfg
#'apan' command definition. Runs apan on selected commands
define command {
        command_name                   apan
        command_line                   /usr/local/nagios/apan/apan.sh
$ARG1$ $HOSTNAME$ "$SERVICEDESC$" $TIMET$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$
        }

3. #services.cfg
# Service definition for checking free disk space on /boot
define service{
        host_name                       nagios-server
        service_description             /boot Free Space
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        contact_groups                  squarebox-support
        notification_options            c,w,r
        check_command
apan!check_local_disk!"/dev/hda1"
	  }

4. #apan.cfg
#nagios-server Disk Usage
nagios-server;check_local_disk;/usr/local/nagios/rrd/nagios-server-disk-
usage.rrd;root|boot;root-used:AREA root-free:STACK boot-used:AREA
boot-free:STACK;Disk usage;Bytes;-l 1 -b 1024

5. #Create an RRD file
pod-163:/usr/local/nagios/etc# /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool create
rrd/nagios-server-disk-usage.rrd -s 60 DS:root-used:GAUGE:900:0:U
DS:root-free:GAUGE:900:0:U DS:boot-used:GAUGE:900:0:U
DS:boot-free:GAUGE:900:0:U RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:50400
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:43800

6. #Extended service info
#'nagios-server' extended service info
define serviceextinfo{
        host_name               nagios-server
        service_description     Disk-usage
        notes_url
/nagios/cgi-bin/apan.cgi?host=nagios-server&service=Disk-usage
        icon_image              graph.png
        icon_image_alt          View graphs
                }

7. #Output from apan.debug
Wed Oct 15 16:23:30 BST 2003 Args: check_local_disk nagios-server / Free
Space 1066231410 /dev/hda3
Wed Oct 15 16:23:30 BST 2003 Args: check_local_disk nagios-server /boot
Free Space 1066231410 /dev/hda1
Could not insert '' , '' into
Could not insert '' , '' into

Any one spot a mistake im making.

All help greatfully received

Cheers

Tom Welsh
twelsh at square-box.com

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only.
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print,
or rely on this e-mail.

Sender accepts no liability for any damage resulting from the use and/or
acceptation of the content of this e-mail.

The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the
views held by squareBOX technologies ltd