Problems with check_alive

Jerry Norton jnorton at broadgap.com
Tue Oct 14 16:34:42 CEST 2003

I'm not sure if you cut and pasted the commands in or typed them in this
message but your "hostaddress" variable isn't enclosed in '$' (it's
missing the closing).  Also you have '$HOSTADRESS' misspelled.  Address
has 2 d's.  It should read like this:

$HOSTADDRESS$

As suggested, try running the command (./check_ping 127.0.0.1 -w
3000,80% -c 5000,100%) at the command prompt to see if it works there.

Jerry Norton
broadGap Technologies
801.763.8056 - 802 East Bamberger Drive - American Fork - Utah - 84003