Guest Account and authorization

Samba Samba at guidemail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:36:10 CEST 2003

Here is how I do it.  I have setup a guest user and admin accounts as you
have described.  We have a front-end portal with links to all of our
applications, including Nagios.  If you had two links to Nagios one being
guest access and the other being admin access you could then pass the guest
un/pw through the link.

i.e. the admin access link would be:

http://nagios.yourdomain.com/nagios/ <http://nagios.yourdomain.com/nagios/>

the guest access link would be:

http://guest:user@nagios.yourdomain.com/nagios/
<http://guest:user@nagios.yourdomain.com/nagios/>

HTH, please let me know if it works for you.

Josh