nsca problem

Kevin Calhoon krcalhoo at mtu.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:52:29 CEST 2003

Hi, I am having trouble getting passive service checks to work on my
network.  I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of things that I can
check?  I have read and reread all the online documentation, but there has
to be something I am missing.  I am running both servers on Redhat boxes.
On the passive checking node I am able to send a passive checks from the
command line as the user nagios.
#/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result node01 "load
average" OK "test node38 commandline-2"
However, the passive checking node won't automatically send on the
information.  The services.cfg, hosts.cfg, and hostgroup.cfg files are the
same between both computers.
On the passive node in my checkcommands.cfg file I added this command.
define command{
                command_name    submit_check_result
                command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result
$HOSTNAME$ $SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATE$ $OUTPUT$
                }
In the nagios.cfg file.
obsess_over_services=1
ocsp_command=submit_check_result

On the receiving server side, in the nagios.cfg file I have.
accept_passive_service_checks=1

Any ideas are welcome.
Kevin