Help: Newbie - Return code of 127 is out of bounds - in status.log file

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Oct 8 23:08:50 CEST 2003

Space;CRITICAL;1/3;HARD;1065646603;1065646903;ACTIVE;1;1;1;1065216471;0;
CR
> IT
> ICAL;0;0;0;429480;0;0;1;0;0;1;0;0.00;0;1;1;1;(Return code of 127 is
out of
> bounds - plugin may be missing)
>
> What does this indicate?

That the plugin is missing as far as nagios is concerned. Your specific
service definition and command definition would be useful. Some things
to check --

	* Verify in resource.cfg that $UER1$ points to your nagios
libexec directory.
	* Verify in commands.cfg that either $USER1$ is used in the
command_line for the specific plugin or the full path to the plugin is
specified
		e.g -
		define command{
        		command_name    verify_http
        		command_line    $USER1$/check_http  -H $ARG1$ -I
$HOSTADDRESS$ -s \/html
        	}
	* Verify that the plugin actually exists in the path specified
(typically /usr/local/nagios/libexec/) **and is executable by the nagios
user**. Test this by su -'ing to nagios and executing the plugin.

> Also, from my web interface when I try to see "Service Detail" I get
the
> following message:
> It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
for
> any
> of the services you requested...
> If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
> requirements for accessing this CGI
> and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
>
> Does this mean that my configuration is incorrect?

Yes.

> Can anyone please guide me in the configuration?

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/cgiauth.html

It is important to note that the user you are logging in as (you do have
.htaccess configured properly, don't you?) must be an authorized contact
for the hosts and services that you want them to see.

--
Marc