How do I change the from: address on the email notifications?

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Wed Oct 8 00:09:50 CEST 2003

Hey,

I use exim as my mta - there is a configuration option in exim that lists
users who are authorised to change the From: field and the nagios users is
one of those, so my email notification command looks like this:

define command{
    command_name service-notify-by-email
    command_line echo -e "Note: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL\n\nThe service
\"$SERVICEDESC$\" on host \"$HOSTALIAS$\" at IP $HOSTADDRESS$ is in a
$SERVICESTATE$ state.\n\nThe output from the service check: $OUTPUT$" |
mail -s "$HOSTNAME$ has a service in an $SERVICESTATE$ state"
$CONTACTEMAIL$ -a "From: xxx at xxx.xxx"
    }

The important part is the -a "From: blah blah blah"

HTH,
Greg

At 02:46 AM 08/10/2003, Ginther, Demian M wrote:
>My exchange admin would like a real address associated with the
>notification emails that get sent from Nagios.  Currently they are from
>nagios at hostname.  Is there somewhere I can set this?  I've looked
>through the config files pretty thoroughly.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Demian

>::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when
>reporting any issue.
>::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to /dev/null

=================================
Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer
Student Support and Systems,