UCE from Clearcentral Software

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Tue Oct 7 06:56:49 CEST 2003

If others have gotten these (or continue to get spam like this) I
would like to know.  If it is indeed TSMGSoftware or an affiliate of
theirs, I would be inclined to remove the links to their addons from
the downloads page.  I get more than enough spam and I'm sure the
rest of you do too.

On 6 Oct 2003 at 16:54, Bob Amen wrote:

> Greg Vickers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Below is a message I received from Clearcentral Software - has
> > anyone else received this (i.e. have they harvested email addx from
> > nagios.org) or is this just me?
>
>  I also received one. My guess is it's because I signed up for the
>  forum
> at TSMGSoftware.com so that I could download NSClient. I seem to
> remember that Tim Shouldice is one of the principles of TSMG Software.
> Or maybe they did harvest addresses from nagios-users.
>
> > I'll be sending them a strongly worded message and will be filtering
> > messages from clearcentral.net to /tmp/spam I think...
>
>  I fired off a nasty gram to them.
>
> Bob
> --
>     Bob Amen
>    O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
>        http://www.ora.com/
>      http://www.oreilly.com/

> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk
> being sent to /dev/null

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---