Notification Limit??

billy at DOH.STATE.NM.US billy at DOH.STATE.NM.US
Tue Oct 7 01:06:31 CEST 2003

fyi, i think hostgroup escalations are scheduled for deprecation in v2.0.

William York, MS, MCP+I, MCSE (NT4 & W2K)
New Mexico Department of Health
Network Operations Center
Vice President - PODNet POD, Inc.
desk: 505.827.2420
office: 505.243.2287

"Mike McClure" <mmcclure at pneservices.com>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
10/06/2003 03:47 PM

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Notification Limit??

You can use service, host, and hostgroup escalations to do exactly that.

By the way, that is some disclaimer you have there.  Can I get your email
in
hardcopy please?  :)

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to limit host/service notifications
to a
> certain number?  I have been searching all day to no avail.  I know that
if
> I put a "0" for notification interval, nagios will only send 1 message.
But
> what if I want it to send 5 and then stop?  Is this possible?  Thanks!
>
> Pete
> CONFIDENTIAL: This email, including its content and attachments, if any,
are
> confidential. It is neither an offer to buy or sell, nor a solicitation
of
> an offer to buy or sell, any securities or any related financial
instruments
> mentioned in it. If you are not the named recipient please notify the
sender
> and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or
forward
> this email message or disclose its contents to anyone else. Unless
otherwise
> indicated, copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its
> contents are the sole property of Mizuho Securities USA Inc. Email
> transmission  cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender
> does not accept liability for any errors or omissions of this message
due to
> email transmission. If verification is required please request a
hardcopy
> version. Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should
check
> this email and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or
> warranty as to the absence of viruses in this email or any attachments.
> Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection
of
> our customers and business, we may monitor and read emails sent to and
from
> our server(s).

reporting any
> issue.

Mike McClure, CCIE # 5125, CISSP # 30232
PNE Services, Inc. -  http://www.pneservices.com
mmcclure [at] pneservices [dot] com
mobile: 913-636-5590

reporting any issue.