stale service?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Oct 6 11:42:05 CEST 2003

hi

I found the following error messages in the log after the weekend. It
seems that the CP_FILTER_SUMMARY service check was run, but somehow
never finished. This is a custom plugin that checks an error log in a
mssql database (using a modified version of my check_mssql perl plugin)
and updates a 'last read error' identifier in a configuration table. the
script queries the db, updates the 'last read', and creates an HTML
status page before exiting. it seems like that the last thing the script
did was before it went 'stale' was to update the 'last read'...

below is parts of the output

any ideas?

messages:Oct  6 08:30:55 utility nagios: Warning: The results of service
'CP_FILTER_SUMMARY' on host 'display01' are stale by 45 seconds
(threshold=1815 seconds).  I'm forcing an immediate check of the
service.
messages:Oct  6 08:55:55 utility nagios: Warning: The results of service
'CP_FILTER_SUMMARY' on host 'display00' are stale by 45 seconds
(threshold=1815 seconds).  I'm forcing an immediate check of the
service.
messages:Oct  6 10:31:56 utility nagios: Warning: The results of service
'CP_FILTER_SUMMARY' on host 'display01' are stale by 46 seconds
(threshold=1815 seconds).  I'm forcing an immediate check of the
service.
messages:Oct  6 10:32:15 utility nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
display01;CP_FILTER_SUMMARY;CRITICAL;HARD;1;CP_FILTER_SUMMARY: 0
warnings, 5 errors. Check
http://utility.pronto.tv/nagios/filter_summary/20031006103206.html for
more