not all services are shown every now and then

VEGH Karoly karoly.vegh at uta.at
Fri Oct 3 16:10:52 CEST 2003

Hi all,

We found a strange behaviour.
If I use the 'View Status Detail For This Host' for some hosts,
then I don't always see all the checks/services shown.

Couple of times are all services shown, but every now and then
not all, as it can be also seen in the status.log:

atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      4      51     774
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      9     107    1753
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var# grep atbiolaptest01 status.log  | wc
      4      51     774
atsrvlx01:/opt/nagios/var#

As you can see, 9 services (browser-reload), then 9 services (browser
reload) then 4 services ...

Can anyone give me a hint, because I dont find any explanation...

Nagios 1.0 runs on a Debian GNU/Linux with apache 1.3.27.

We have 602 checks activated, and this funny things happen.
The system binaries were since compiling Nagios upgraded,
can this cause things like that?

any idea?

tia

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Don't worry. Everything is getting nicely out of control.