Nagios + SMS = TRUE?

James Turnbull james at lovedthanlost.net
Sun Oct 5 03:41:05 CEST 2003

>If I'm reading this right, this will still send 1 page for every page that
>comes in over your limit; it will send "More than foo pages" messages
instead
>of nagios alerts.  You need to make sure that you only send the "Too many
>pages" message once per pager storm.

Depends where the "More than foo pages" messages go.  In my case $admin is
not a paging address.

I am intending to add the functionality to send a "More than foo pages" page
per pager storm but I haven't got around to it.

We only send host-notify pages - not service specific ones - due to the
nature of our hosts.  We generally assume that 5 pages in 5 minutes means
trouble.  So this script works for me.  I assume anyone wanting more would
butcher the script for their own use.

Cheers

James Turnbull