Passive check pipe problem

Jim Mozley jim.mozley at exponential-e.com
Fri Oct 3 11:10:06 CEST 2003

> That WILL NOT resolve the problem!
> I already have a daemon  which is the only one that writes to the
> NAGIOS.CMD (pipe) file, serialized..

Hi Sergio, I'm definitely not questioning anyone's programming knowledge
with this question (I'm asking more for my understanding) but are the
messages you send under the buffer size for the fifo and how long (if
anything) between each write/print to the pipe? I don't know if you wrote
this in perl but I may need to do something similar.

> Nagios doesnt process well the external commands... im checking the CVS
> and there are many many updates in the part that handles this, since
> Nagios 1.x...
> Im trying to merge the possible fixes into one commands.c newer than the
> one that is in the 1.x bugfixes branch...

Sounds good.

Jim