phantom "Pending" host?

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu Oct 2 17:24:11 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 10:20, Matt Pounsett wrote:
> > Yeah - nothing.  that's my point.  The header says 1, but none shows up.
> > In fact - it was there for about an hour (I was trying to figure it out
> > for a while before I mailed the list), now it's back to normal (0 in the
> > header, 0 on the table)
> Is it possible you have a host defined with no services?  That's the only
> situation I can think of that would result in the situation you describe.

I *did* - I restarted twice (once in the interface, once stop/start with
the rc script) - neither helped.  it went away about 20 minutes after
the second time, though (I didn't think there was a correlation).

I'll assume that was it, I guess (unless it comes back).
Since it's production, I can't play with adding and deleting fake hosts
to see if that does it.  Maybe off-hours later...