Notifications

Gert Lindstrom gert.lindstrom at brevik.nu
Thu Oct 2 12:49:51 CEST 2003

Hello
I have a problem with notifications

One of my groups dont get host-down notifications and i cant find the problem

Please look at my configs and tell me whats wrong

The router-admins receives host down but not global-helpdesk. Helpdesk recives when ping is critical though.

define contact{
        contact_name                    helpdesk
        alias                           Helpdesk
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    c,r
        host_notification_options       d,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           mail at mail.xx
        }

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       global-helpdesk
        alias                             Global Helpdesk
        members                      helpdesk
        }

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                  swe_norway
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  router-admins,global-helpdesk
        notification_interval           5
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }