[Nagios-users] Displaying full output (verbose) for a service.

Tomer H. tomer=RL7P4Sh1DTjQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 1 20:16:58 CEST 2003

Hello Marc,

  Yes, I have read the guidelines and coded my personal plugins
  according to them.   To be more accurate, this is a client/server
  app which I coded a nagios plugin for running (cron-alike) and
  monitoring it.

  The problem is, I'm try to find a way to show the complete output of
  the client without logging using ssh and running it manually (again)
  for getting this verbose, nor coding a second web interface just for
  that.     I made the output that the first line will be a short
  status line (According to the guidelines you refered me to) and
  after that the complete output is being showed.

  Maybe it's a good time to add this one as an nagios feature request.

  Speaking of feature requests, it would be nice if there would be a
  way to insert a password auth to the NRPE client/server for having a
  bit sense of security and not counting on hosts.allow/firewall rules
  for dealing with executation and 'user logging auth'.. (This one is
  mostly good for client/monitor machines which are shared-user
  boxes and the rest of the users of the box shouldn't be able to log
  to the remote NRPE server).

  -- Tomer.