check_rrd modifications

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Wed Oct 1 17:52:52 CEST 2003

Is anyone using check_rrd to monitor/alarm on bandwidth thresholds? I
started working with it yesterday and have since made a few
modifications, as it didn't seem to do what I needed.

I have one remaining problem that I am trying to work out, perhaps
someone can assist...

The output of check_rrd run from the command line appears like so:
OK - Current BW In: 1132077 bps
However, when run from within Nagios the output appears this way:
OK - Current BW In: bps

As you can see, the actual data is not passed to the cgi or something.
This seems odd, because both the 'In' and '1132077' are variables within
the script, so the first one is displayed and the second is not.

Any ideas?

Also, let me know if anyone is interested in the modified script and
I'll be glad to post it once I get this last bit figured out.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)