Check_http command

Arzamendi, Peter parzamendi at Fiskars.com
Tue Nov 25 20:40:04 CET 2003

Opps I forgot to add the -u $ARG1$ after the command line setting

-----Original Message-----
From: Arzamendi, Peter
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 12:10 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nagios-users] Check_http command

I'm having problems with the check_http command with Nagios. When the
command is ran though Nagios I get an Connection refused by host error
messages. When I run the command from the command line it works fine.
Anyone else having this problem?

RedHat9
Nagios 1.1

services.cfg
define service {
host_name                      WebServer1
service_description            WebCheck
check_command
check_http_url!www.cnn.com!/TECH/index.html
use                            generic-service
max_check_attempts             3
normal_check_interval          5
retry_check_interval           1
check_period                   24x7
notification_interval          120
notification_period            24x7
notification_options           c,r
contact_groups                 Windows-admins
}

Checkcommands.cfg
define command {
command_name                   check_http_url
command_line                   $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u
$ARG1$
}

Thanks,
Pete