New Install

David R. Guntner Dguntner at doit.nv.gov
Tue Nov 25 03:04:35 CET 2003

[If anyone can tell me how to set up Outlook (which I'm stuck using at work) to actually quote a message on reply *properly*, I would be eternally greatful if they would share that information with me. ;-)  I hate top-down posting as much as anyone....  Feel free to contact me off list if you have said information.]

Just as information for anyone who cares, you can eliminate that particular problem by changing the aliases for your web server.  The documentation says to set up an alias and scriptalias of /nagios/, but it's that trailing slash in the {script}alias that causes the trailing slash to be *required* in order to display the page.  Thus, if you change your alias so it reads:

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share/">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

And scriptalias so it reads:

ScriptAlias /nagat /usr/local/nagat
<Directory "/usr/local/nagat/">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Then when you bring up the web interface browser, you can do so with *either* the trailing slash or without when typing in your URL.

                 --Dave