Passive checks with freshness

Frans Hetterscheid frans at essentkabel.com
Thu Nov 20 13:22:31 CET 2003

Is there no-one to awnser my question,

I seem to have a problem with freshness check, passive checks are
submitted by hosts, on the server i difined the max_check_attempts=3
When the nagios-server isn't receiving data, the freshness check will
anounce that there are no incoming passive check for a particular service.
I want nagios to send a notification immediately when the freshness
check appears but the max_check_attempts set for passive check also concern
the times freshness checks needs to pass when entering from a soft to
hard state.
Because I set the freshness_threshold to 10 minutes I receive a
notification after 40 minutes.

Is there a way to resolve this, maybe there is way to let hosts check a
service 3 times (if in error) before sending the data with nsca to nagios.
This way I can set the max_check_attempts on the server to 1 so if
freshness_check passes for the first time, ore when an (passive)error
occurs (the remote host already checked the service 3 times) the server
will notify immediately on status critical..

Thanks in advance.