Hosts.cfg question, service configuration question, ldapv3

Jack Doyle jdoyle at lewisgaleclinic.com
Wed Nov 19 14:45:23 CET 2003

You should also define a ping service for the host.  I have several
hosts with just one service, and if that service goes down it considers
the host to be down for some reason... so I decided to add a ping
service, too... now if say telnet goes down, or web server, it will not
list the host as being down.

don't ask. :)