Service checks passing, without check.

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at lastar.com
Tue Nov 18 15:28:21 CET 2003

Hey Folks.

I'm a long time user of Nagios, and have never had a problem I could not
solve.
(Either myself or through documentation)

But, I finally have one.
I have a service check that does not check at the interval it is supposed
to.

Check this from the service page:
Current Status:   CRITICAL
Status Information: Connection refused or timed out
Current Attempt: 1/10
State Type: SOFT
Last Check Type: ACTIVE
Last Check Time: 11-18-2003 06:27:23
Status Data Age: 0d 2h 31m 18s
Next Scheduled Active Check:   11-18-2003 07:21:42
Latency: 1 second
Check Duration: 3 seconds
Last State Change: 11-18-2003 06:19:42
Current State Duration: 0d 2h 38m 59s
Last Service Notification: N/A
Current Notification Number: 0
Is This Service Flapping? N/A
Percent State Change: N/A
In Scheduled Downtime?   NO
Last Update: 11-18-2003 08:58:37

-=-=
I went into my Nagios page and noticed 3 services critical.
(This only happens on *this* system these services are on)

I brought this service down at 6:15AM and scheduled 1 hour of downtime.
It was back up at 7:15.  At 9:00 I went to look at my nagios page for
something else and noticed that this server had critical status.  I looked
at the service and this is what I saw.

Last Check Time: 11-18-2003 06:27:23
Next Scheduled Active Check:   11-18-2003 07:21:42
Last Update: 11-18-2003 08:58:37

It's been 1 hour and 40 minutes past scheduled check time!

Any ideas?