using multiple network cards

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Mon Nov 17 22:19:58 CET 2003

Sure, if you have appropriate route statements set up on your linux box.
The routing of the packets out one interface or another is strictly
controlled by linux, not nagios and can get complicated if you have a
flat network. I expect that unless you're checking several tens of
thousands of hosts (or running 10/half and have several thousand hosts)
you're not near saturating your Ethernet link so you won't see any
difference. You should look to executing more checks in parallel and/or
simplifying your checks so they don't take so long to complete (i.e. 5
pings instead of 10, etc). Also reduce the command check interval to
process checks more quickly.

--
Marc