Fw: newbie help with status information ping not working???

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Sun Nov 16 19:14:41 CET 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Onsite DeTeWe wrote:

> I have a problem with the fact that all my hosts say that they are down
> and the service for the host (ping) says status unknown.  In the status
> information column it says '/bin/ping -n -U -c 1 10.234.4.21' for the host
> and '/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 10.234.4.21' for the service.

The fact that the status information is showing you usage suggests that there
is something wrong with your configuration.   If you let us know what's in
your host and check command objects, someone will probably be able to spot the
problem.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110