authentication & access limit

Spyou spyou at club-internet.fr
Sat Nov 15 15:53:45 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm playing with Nagios (and netsaint before) for a while ... I have coded
some extra suffs, mainly some rrd interfaces to graph almost every datas
collected by nagios

I'd like to let customers access thoses graphs. The simplest way to link
nagios states to thoses graphs is to use the "service ext info" feature of
nagios. Each service that has an rrd graph now had a little button that
links to my cgis that displays the graphs

thoses CGI are called with an URL like
http://nagios.blabla.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi?host=hostnameofthecustomer&service=servicename

Everything's fine ... but if a customer use
"mycgi.cgi?host=mybox&service=httphealth" and change the URL
"mycgi.cgi?host=neighborshost&service=httphealth" he will access
informations from another host that he's not supposed to be able to see

Has anyone an idea to limit access in mycgi.cgi so that people can only see
hosts & service they are contact for ? (please note : i don't wanna parse
the whole nagios config to get this info :))

PS : if you're there, thanks a lot for your great job, Ethan :)
  'Spyou' - www.spyou.org - root at spyou.org
     #gtr / ircnet.kaptech.fr - UIN : 6871374

Please, tell me who i am !
- Supertramps