Respond to pages

Carl Schelin cschelin at hq.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 14 14:21:20 CET 2003

I did a quick search of the mailing list archives and didn't find
anything.

Before I start on this, I'd like to see if anyone has done something
similar.

Currently I have pages going to our admins skytel accounts. I'd like
them to reply with an "Ok" or "Thank You" (two default options) which
would go to nagios on the server. Then a procmail script (for example)
would take those replies and, if an "Ok" page was returned, disable
further pages. One additional page would go out to the page group
indicating the admin who said "Ok" would handle the incident.

Perhaps "Thank You" would page out acknowledgement of the page to the
page group members.

Anyway, has any work on such a beast been done? Is someone else perhaps
working on this idea and I can test?

Thanks,

Carl