Plugins

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Wed Nov 12 16:02:19 CET 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jack Doyle wrote:

> Is there a version of the plugins that doesn't reply on libssl.so.4?  I
> can't seem to get the check_tcp, telnet, http, etc to work.  They are
> all looking for libssl.so.4
>
> I am running RedHat 8 with openssl installed.  I downloaded and
> installed the RedHat 8 RPM for nagios and the latest version of the
> plugins.
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

It would appear the plugins inside the RPM you're using were compiled to
expect libssl.so.4, so no you're probably not going to get those plugins to
work unless you can find/install the same SSL RPM they were compiled with.

However, you should be able to quickly compile your own set of plugins from
source.. configure will detect the OpenSSL libs that you have installed and
use those to compile the plugins.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110