Segmentation Fault

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Nov 12 01:01:03 CET 2003

Have you tried running the plugins in question from the command line as the nagios user? As host checks are never run _until_ a service on that host fails, there could be something inherently wrong with the execution of the plugin. If you see segfaults when running it from the command line then I would suggest using truss with -fea to dig deeper. Chances are it can't open or find a file or library it needs when run as the nagios user.

--
Marc