Idiots Guide to Failover/Redundancy?

Jonathan Hartford jon at outland.net
Tue Nov 11 22:43:43 CET 2003

Hi,

[I have Nagios, NRPE, and NSCA all functioning on both boxes.]

I'm working on setting up a quiet failover box.

Does anybody have a decent wrapper script for checking nrpe on a remote
nagios install to check if its running, and dump the external commands
into the local file to startup local monitoring/reporting?
[i have the check_nagios plugin installed and I know how to run the nrpe
check on the command line and get the proper reply.]

in the same vein...

Does anybody have any sample/example config stanzas/scripts for using
ocsp to send all status data to the slave? [so that when it becomes the
master it has full history]

Is there a FAQ someplace that covers this stuff?  The nagios faq points
to the various commands used, but doesn't provide examples of then in use.

Thanks much.

Jonathan Hartford				jon at outland.net