Help with 1.1 setup

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Nov 11 21:52:19 CET 2003

No, it's not correct. Your web server can not read that file unless it
runs as root (very very unlikely). You need to modify the permissions of
the file such that the user your web server runs as can read the file. A
quick and dirty way of doing that (although not very secure) would be to
issue the command 'chmod 644 /path/to/htpasswd.users'. A better solution
would be to determine what group your web server is running under, chgrp
the htpasswd.users file to that group and chmod g+r your htpasswd.users
file.

--
Marc