newbie help with status information

Onsite DeTeWe Onsite.DeTeWe at firstgroup.com
Tue Nov 11 10:21:13 CET 2003

Hi all,

I am very new to Nagios, but figure I know my way around it as it has
taken me nearly a week to get it working (of sorts).

I have a problem with the fact that all my hosts say that they are down
and the service for the host (ping) says status unknown.  In the status
information column it says '/bin/ping -n -U -c 1 10.234.4.21' for the host
and '/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 10.234.4.21' for the service.

This I am guessing is correct as the host check does a 1 count ping and
the service takes 5 and determins if the thing is up or not?!?!

The host is deinately there and if I run the said commands in the command
line it returns OK.

Running Nagios 1.1 on Mandrake 9.1,  The host is on the same network vlan
as the server as I thought it would be better to begin at the beginning.

Can anyone help please.

Regards

Jason

This message is confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or used by,
anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in
error, please advise us immediately.

Internet email is not necessarily secure. First does not accept
responsibility for changes to any email which occur after the email
has been sent. Attachments to this email could contain software
viruses which could damage your system. First have checked the
attachments for viruses before sending, but you should virus-check
them before opening.

http://www.firstgroup.com