Database support

tvilliers tvilliers at lastminute.com
Mon Nov 10 15:37:48 CET 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:52:00 -0700, jason wrote:

> [...]

for postgresql:

cd $SRC/nagios-1.1

vi xdddb.c, xsddb.c, xcddb.c, xrddb.c

ensure this:

#ifdef USE_XDDPGSQL
#include <libpq-fe.h>
#endif

./configure --prefix=$BASE/nagios \
--with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin --with-htmurl=/nagios \
--with-nagios-user=$USER --with-nagios-grp=$GROUP \
--with-command-user=$USER --with-command-grp=$GROUP \
--with-init-dir=$BASE/bin/ \
--with-lockfile=$BASE/nagios/var/nagios.lock \
--with-template-objects --with-template-extinfo \
--enable-embedded-perl --with-pgsql-xdata \
--with-gd-lib=$BASE/lib --with-gd-inc=$BASE/include \
--with-pgsql-lib=$BASE/lib --with-pgsql-inc=$BASE/include

and in $BASE/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg:

# DOWNTIME DATA
xdddb_host=hostname
xdddb_port=5432
xdddb_database=dbname
xdddb_username=uname
xdddb_password=passwd
#
# COMMENT DATA
xcddb_host=hostname
xcddb_port=5432
xcddb_database=dbname
xcddb_username=uname
xcddb_password=passwd
#
# STATUS DATA
xsddb_host=hostname
xsddb_port=5432
xsddb_database=dbname
xsddb_username=uname
xsddb_password=passwd
#
# EXTENDED DATA
xeddb_host=hostname
xeddb_port=5432
xeddb_database=dbname
xeddb_username=uname
xeddb_password=passwd

and in $BASE/nagios/etc/resource.cfg

# DB DOWNTIME DATA : 'hostdowntime' and 'servicedowntime'
xdddb_host=hostname
xdddb_port=5432
xdddb_database=dbname
xdddb_username=uname
xdddb_password=passwd
xdddb_optimize_data=1

# DB COMMENT DATA : 'hostcomments' and 'servicecomments'
xcddb_host=hostname
xcddb_port=5432
xcddb_database=dbname
xcddb_username=uname
xcddb_password=passwd
xcddb_optimize_data=1

# DB STATUS DATA : 'programstatus', 'hoststatus', 'servicestatus'
xsddb_host=hostname
xsddb_port=5432
xsddb_database=dbname
xsddb_username=uname
xsddb_password=passwd
xsddb_optimize_data=1
xsddb_optimize_interval=3600

# DB RETENTION DATA : 'programretention', 'hostretention', 'serviceretention'
xrddb_host=hostname
xrddb_port=5432
xrddb_database=dbname
xrddb_username=uname