Database support

Tory Skyers tskyers at foxroach.com
Fri Nov 7 16:15:07 CET 2003

How Many people are actually using database support? I'm running into an
issue where nagios is not writing its information to the database and it's
not writing it to text files, and I'm wondering if the database support is
worth the trouble. The service binds up and locks the machine. I can't seem
to find any real help on the syntax in the config files to tell it to write
to the database instead of the text files. I have configured the lines in
the cgi.cfg but what do I tell nagios.cfg to read and write to the database?
It would be nice to have so I can build my own reporting engine to mine the
data from a database rather than text files.

Tory Skyers

Network Administrator

Prudential Fox & Roach

610-993-1327